Thursday, May 06, 2004

Daughters of Eve

Nobody knows what is inside a woman's heart. Is it really so?

I want to find out if women are actually that mysterious. If they are, then why?

My ambition is not an easy one. I have had to reconstruct a lot of my notions about the opposite gender. I began with observing little differences between the two sexes. The first thing that I noticed was that being a guy, I didn't pay too much attention to fashion and how I dressed. Even worse, I expected the same from the women. Wrongo!! Women are a lot more aware of, and sensitive to small things than men. Guys tend to brush over a lot of stuff, but women won't do the same.

Women, by their nature, happen to be a lot more detail-oriented than men. This makes them excel at professions like nursing and teaching. But why is that?

My eyes opened a bit more when one of my friends told me that she would have loved to receive flowers on her graduation ceremony. Flowers? Who wishes for flowers? Guys don't care about flowers. But, women do. Notions of remembering, caring, giving and receiving gifts are a lot stronger in women than in men. Women are much refined sensors of acts of emotions. Ever seen a music video where women are crying in the moshpit and trying to reach the stage? Ever seen a guy doing that? 

The only explanation for this behavior that I can come up with is that women are designed to be mothers. It is because of their detail-orientedness, that they can become excellent trainers of children. They pay attention to everything from their toe-nails to combing their hair. Do you think dads would do that? I don't think so.

The same logic goes behind why women feel higher emotional state than men. Take them in any role, sisters, wives, mothers, and you will see the devotion is much greater than their male counterparts. This emotional strength also plays a role in their motherhood. During the nine months of pregnancy, it is their emotional bonding with the child that helps them go through it. And after the birth, the same emotional bond gives them the strength to stay up late at nights and take care of the new guest.

Could guys do that?

Women experience a heightened sense of emotions. They are detail oriented and are more sensitive to small changes than men.

My research continues...

|